THE 2012 COLUMBUS GARDEN TOUR features six lakeside garden experiences at Harrison and Tipton Lakes, including:
- Wandering a pebbled path through a beautiful garden that skirts three sides of Harrison Lake, featuring rocks and boulders, ornamental grasses, perennials, and container gardens full of herbs and vegetables.
- Touring Chef Daniel Orr’s vegetable garden and learning about the organic gardening he uses to produce much
- of the food served in his restaurants.
- Walking along two lakeside sun gardens on the canal in the stunning Turtle Bay area of Tipton Lakes.
- Seeing two contrasting garden types on one street; the one a woodland shade garden set in a lakeside conifer forest showcasing an outstanding collection of “hostas of the year” and the other a cozy sun garden nestled on a beautiful inlet with a magnificent 30’ Weeping Norway Spruce as a backdrop.
Tickets are $15 (limited number available) and can be purchased by cash or check at the Columbus Area Visitors Center, 506 5th Street, and at Viewpoint Bookstore, 548 Washington Street, as well as at the Tipton Lakes Community Assoc. office, 6000 Tipton Lakes Blvd. (M-F only).
Gardens on this year's tour:
Gary and Karen Cox
6045 Channel Drive
Tom and Judy Johnson
930 Baywood Ct.
Mrs. Thomas Orr
9232 W. Tulip Drive
Larry and Linda Park
9347 W. Mirror Rd.
Dr. Tracy Salinas
865 Baywood Court
Patrick and Cheryl Shine
6015 Channel Drive